Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Header Information

I am doing a spreadsheet for my school. I am trying to put a title up top
like where the letters A, B C D are. How do I go about doing that???
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You don't.

You can either see A, B, C, ... or 1, 2, 3. Or you can hide those column
headers. But you can't change them.

So most people will put the headers in row 1 and then freeze row 1 so that it's
always visible.

In xl2003 menus:
Tools|Options|View tab|check or uncheck Row & column headers
(to hide the headers)

Tools|Options|General tab|check R1C1 reference style
to see numbers. Uncheck this to see letters.

And to freeze panes.
Select A1 so that row 1 is visible.
Select A2
Window|Freeze panes.

Every thing above the selected cell will be frozen.

And (not applicable in this case), everything to the left of the selected cell
will be frozen.

--

Dave Peterson
Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belin View Post
I am doing a spreadsheet for my school. I am trying to put a title up top
like where the letters A, B C D are. How do I go about doing that???
Thanks
if you are using excel 2007, refer this screen shot for R1C1 formula reference.

you can change columns headers 1234 or ABCD...

all the best
Attached Images

Thanks
Bala