Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JJ JJ is offline

Default Calculating date/time intervals??

I have multiple sets of date/time value combinations. For each start time
(date/time) and finish time (date/time), I need a formula that calculates the
number of days, hours, and minutes between the two events.

Example: Start 5/14/2010, 11:25 Finish 5/17/2010, 18:30

Thanks for any assistance!

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Assume that starting entry is in cell C7 and finishing entry is in cell C9

=INT(C9)-INT(C7) for days;
=(C9-C7)*24*60 for minutes; and
=(C9-C7)*24 for days

Ashish Mathur