Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If calculation

I am trying to do the following inputting in the same cell,
0 to 72=0
73 - 102 = whatever is input in the cell minus 72
over 102 = 30

ie
62 73 82 93 102
0 1 10 21 30

I have managed most of this with IFs, but not all. Does anyone have any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome!

"Angela" wrote:

Thankyou so much!!!!!! This has solved a big problem. Great to have people
who know what they are doing help out the inexperienced...Great!! Thanks
again.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=MIN(MAX(MIN(A1-72),),30)

"Sandy" wrote:

I am trying to do the following inputting in the same cell,
0 to 72=0
73 - 102 = whatever is input in the cell minus 72
over 102 = 30

ie
62 73 82 93 102
0 1 10 21 30

I have managed most of this with IFs, but not all. Does anyone have any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thankyou so much!!!!!! This has solved a big problem. Great to have people
who know what they are doing help out the inexperienced...Great!! Thanks
again.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=MIN(MAX(MIN(A1-72),),30)

"Sandy" wrote:

I am trying to do the following inputting in the same cell,
0 to 72=0
73 - 102 = whatever is input in the cell minus 72
over 102 = 30

ie
62 73 82 93 102
0 1 10 21 30

I have managed most of this with IFs, but not all. Does anyone have any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MIN(MAX(MIN(A1-72),),30)

Just to be different...

=MEDIAN(0,A1-72,30)

= = = =
Dana DeLouis

On 5/27/2010 5:26 PM, Angela wrote:
Thankyou so much!!!!!! This has solved a big problem. Great to have people
who know what they are doing help out the inexperienced...Great!! Thanks
again.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=MIN(MAX(MIN(A1-72),),30)

--