Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If greater than 5

Need a formula - I know it's simply - just can't get it.
If A1 is greater than 5, then B1 = 5
If A1 is less than 5, B1 should equal the amount in A1
CarolAnn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If A1 is greater than 5...
If A1 is less than 5...

What if A1 **IS** 5?

See if this does what you want.

=MIN(A1,5)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Carolan" wrote in message
Need a formula - I know it's simply - just can't get it.
If A1 is greater than 5, then B1 = 5
If A1 is less than 5, B1 should equal the amount in A1
CarolAnn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, I'm trying to say if what is in Column A is 5 or greater, then in
Column B the result should be 5. If what is in column A is less than 5,
Column B should equal the exact same amount

A B
1 5.5 5
2 4.2 4.2

"Carolan" wrote in message
Need a formula - I know it's simply - just can't get it.
If A1 is greater than 5, then B1 = 5
If A1 is less than 5, B1 should equal the amount in A1
CarolAnn

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok, the formula I suggested will do what you want.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP