Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
s s is offline

Default Calculate difference between current date & prior

I am looking for a formula that would calculate the difference in dates but
display in weeks-can this even be done?

Col A
Date Received
4/15/2010

Col B
Approx Age in Weeks
2

I am trying to calculate the current age in weeks but cannot come up with
the right formula. The closest I could get was using TODAY() but kept
getting the errors. I have the formatting for the results col. set as number
with 0 decimals.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Calculate difference between current date & prior

Calculating the Difference Between Two Dates in Weeks in Microsoft Excel
  1. Subtract the prior date from the current date to get the difference in days:
    Formula:
    =TODAY()-A2
  2. Convert the difference in days to weeks by dividing by 7:
    Formula:
    =(TODAY()-A2)/
  3. Enter the formula in the cell next to the prior date to calculate the approximate age in weeks.

Note: This formula only gives an approximate age in weeks, rounding down to the nearest whole week. For a more precise age in weeks, use a more complex formula that takes into account the number of days remaining after dividing by 7.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=INT((TODAY()-A2)/7)

or

=ROUND((TODAY()-A2)/7)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"S" wrote in message
I am looking for a formula that would calculate the difference in dates but
display in weeks-can this even be done?

Col A
Date Received
4/15/2010

Col B
Approx Age in Weeks
2

I am trying to calculate the current age in weeks but cannot come up with
the right formula. The closest I could get was using TODAY() but kept
getting the errors. I have the formatting for the results col. set as
number
with 0 decimals.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=(TODAY()-A2)/7

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"S" wrote in message
I am looking for a formula that would calculate the difference in dates but
display in weeks-can this even be done?

Col A
Date Received
4/15/2010

Col B
Approx Age in Weeks
2

I am trying to calculate the current age in weeks but cannot come up with
the right formula. The closest I could get was using TODAY() but kept
getting the errors. I have the formatting for the results col. set as
number
with 0 decimals.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
s s is offline

Works perfectly! Thank you so much - it was the /7 that I was missing... DUH!

"Niek Otten" wrote:

=(TODAY()-A2)/7

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"S" wrote in message
I am looking for a formula that would calculate the difference in dates but
display in weeks-can this even be done?

Col A
Date Received