Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default networkdays alternative

I have several people that are not familiar with the Analysis Toolpak, is
there a work around for the networkdays function? I just have two dates in
B33 (start date) & B34 (end date), so currently my formula is
=NETWORKDAYS(B33, B34). Is there a way to acheive the same result without
using the networkdays function?

Thanks in advance,
~Gabe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try one of these...

If you need to account for holidays...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(B33&":"&B34)),2)<6),--(ISNA(MATCH(ROW(INDIRECT(B33&":"&B34)),C2:C10,0))) )

C2:C10 = list of holiday dates to be excluded.

If you don't need to account for holidays...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(B33&":"&B34)),2)<6))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Gabe" wrote in message
I have several people that are not familiar with the Analysis Toolpak, is
there a work around for the networkdays function? I just have two dates in
B33 (start date) & B34 (end date), so currently my formula is
=NETWORKDAYS(B33, B34). Is there a way to acheive the same result without
using the networkdays function?

Thanks in advance,
~Gabe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have formulas at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/betternetworkdays.aspx that can be used
in place of NETWORKDAYS. They have the advantage that you can specify
any number of days of the week to exclude, whereas NETWORKDAYS has
Saturday and Sunday hard-coded into the function. There are two
versions of the formula on the page: one that supports a list of
holidays and a second, simpler, formula that can be used if you don't
need to account for holidays.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,