Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default changing worksheet reference name when copying down cells

I have a yearly summary worksheet by week. Each week i add the weekly report
to the workbook. I need a formula on the summary sheet that will change the
worksheet name when I copy it down. Is there any way to do this? Would send
a copy of my workbook but nowhere to attach it.
--
ferne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, list you worksheet names in any Column and use INDIRECT.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"ferne" wrote in message
I have a yearly summary worksheet by week. Each week i add the weekly
report
to the workbook. I need a formula on the summary sheet that will change
the
worksheet name when I copy it down. Is there any way to do this? Would
send
a copy of my workbook but nowhere to attach it.
--
ferne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your worksheets are named as Week1, Week2 etc; try the below and copy down

=INDIRECT("'Sheet" & ROW(A1) & "'!A1")

If a sheet do not exist this will return an error; to handle that use the
below version

=IF(ISREF(INDIRECT("'Sheet" & ROW(A1) & "'!A1")),
INDIRECT("'Sheet" & ROW(A1) & "'!A1"),"")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"ferne" wrote:

I have a yearly summary worksheet by week. Each week i add the weekly report
to the workbook. I need a formula on the summary sheet that will change the
worksheet name when I copy it down. Is there any way to do this? Would send
a copy of my workbook but nowhere to attach it.
--
ferne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks so much for your help. I have just started using more formulas but
couldn't put this together.

Thanks again!
--
ferne