Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zuo Zuo is offline

Default Fixing a formula to read a general format?

A few months ago I had asked a question and got this answer:

Question:
I have a a set of values in A1 through A100.
I need to look up each value and find a match in
another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a match is found then I
need the formula located
in column B to return the value in the same row but
the next column over (D).

Answer:
=IF(ISNUMBER(VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$200,2,0)),
VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$200,2,0), "")

Copy down through A100.

The formula worked fine, however the reference value and the look up value
are not any more numbers but a combination of letters and numbers (i.e.
T-410TFG2-A) with a general format and the formula is not reading them. How
can I fix the formula?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

ZUO
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just use the Vlookup part:

=VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$200,2)

or maybe this with error checking:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$200,2)),"",VLOOKUP(A1, $C$1:$D$200,2))

Regards,
Per