Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SD03*10 -how do I just get the numbers at the end in cell after *

,I have SD03*10 in a cell and I want in a separate cell, just to have the
numbers after the *. Obviously with lots of data, the digits after the *
could be 1 to many characters so I cannot use the Left function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I don't waste any more time!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Helen Maguire" wrote:

,I have SD03*10 in a cell and I want in a separate cell, just to have the
numbers after the *. Obviously with lots of data, the digits after the *
could be 1 to many characters so I cannot use the Left function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I don't waste any more time!

You could place this formula to the direct right of the cell that you want
to parse. "CELL" = the cell address to the left of the formula where the data
is stored.

=MID(CELL,FIND("*",CELL1)+1,LEN(CELL)-FIND("*",CELL,1))

Hope its not too complicated and that it helps. HpY :)