Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Time Format Question

Hello,
I currently have time entered like this:
173517
90207

I need to look like this:
5:35 p.m.
9:02 a.m.

I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With your values in column AA, try:

=TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201003

"Toria" wrote:

Hello,
I currently have time entered like this:
173517
90207

I need to look like this:
5:35 p.m.
9:02 a.m.

I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

**Maybe** this...

=--TEXT(A1,"00\:00\:00")

Format as Time

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Toria" wrote in message
Hello,
I currently have time entered like this:
173517
90207

I need to look like this:
5:35 p.m.
9:02 a.m.

I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 12, 5:41�pm, Toria wrote:
Hello,
I currently have time entered like this:
173517
90207

I need to look like this:
5:35 p.m.
9:02 a.m.

if you don't mind oapitals for AM /PM then format the cell (right-
click Format Cells Number | Custom) and enter . . .

h:mm AM/PM

Alan Lloyd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, that works too. Thanks!

"T. Valko" wrote:

**Maybe** this...

=--TEXT(A1,"00\:00\:00")

Format as Time

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Toria" wrote in message
Hello,
I currently have time entered like this:
173517
90207

I need to look like this:
5:35 p.m.
9:02 a.m.

I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far.

Thank you.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff