eliwaite

Default Is there an AVERAGE IF function in Excel?

I trying to average one row if another row's value is true. I know there is a
sumif, and a countif, but couldn not find an averageif. If you could let me
know who to do this, that would be wonderful.

Thank you,
Eli
Bernie Deitrick

Eli,

Simply use SUMIF/COUNTIF using the same criteria.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"eliwaite" wrote in message
I trying to average one row if another row's value is true. I know there

is a
sumif, and a countif, but couldn not find an averageif. If you could let

me
know who to do this, that would be wonderful.

Thank you,
Eli

Don Guillett

Yes, it's an array formula which must be entered with ctrl+shift+enter,
something like.

=average(if(a1:a21="J",b1:b21)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"eliwaite" wrote in message
I trying to average one row if another row's value is true. I know there

is a
sumif, and a countif, but couldn not find an averageif. If you could let

me
know who to do this, that would be wonderful.

Thank you,
Eli

Junior Member

Location: Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwaite
I trying to average one row if another row's value is true. I know there is a
sumif, and a countif, but couldn not find an averageif. If you could let me
know who to do this, that would be wonderful.

Thank you,
Eli
How about
IF(*row is true*, average(array), *row not true*)

Where *row is true* is the row being checked and *row not true* is what is expected if false ie,. "" for a null string.