chet

Default How do I link a certain number to a certain word?

How do I link a number to a word? ie If I type "Pleat" in cell A1 it will
show "105" in cell B1? Is this possible?
Don Guillett

If it is really that simple then in cell b1
=if(a1="pleat",105,"")
or if you have a lot of this take a look in HELP index for VLOOKUP

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"chet" wrote in message
How do I link a number to a word? ie If I type "Pleat" in cell A1 it will
show "105" in cell B1? Is this possible?

Gord Dibben

Chet

How many of these words to numbers do you have?

Just one or two and you could use ToolsAutocorrect Options.

You could use the VLOOKUP Function with a table.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for info.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

While you're there check out using Data Validation drop-downs for entering
values to lookup.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP