Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mm mm is offline

Default countif/sumproduct + month

Hi all,

Fourth try's a charm....I'm getting errors trying to post my question. Here
it is...
1 workbook, 4 worksheets each named for a different office.
Column A for each sheet is the date in the following format 03-May-10.
I need to count how many times May appears in column A, range A3:A5000, from
the 'Montreal Office' worksheet. I thought I could use =countif but from
other posts, it seems maybe =sumproduct is the better option. I need your
help. My stats are due pretty soon.

Looking forward to your replies.
MM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Prior to XL-2007, one criteria use COUNTIF(), two or more criteria use
SUMPRODUCT()

XL-2007, one criteria use COUNTIF(), two or more criteria use COUNTIFS().