Sheila

Default Sheet Name

Is there any way I can name a sheet from a worksheet cell??

TIA

Sheila
William

Hi Sheila

Sub test()
Sheets("Sheet1").Name = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")

XL2003
Regards

William

"Sheila" (remove underscores) wrote in message
Is there any way I can name a sheet from a worksheet cell??

TIA

Sheila

Sheila

Thanks so much for that, I appreciate it.

Sheila

On Mon, 16 May 2005 04:25:47 +0100, "William"
wrote:

Hi Sheila

Sub test()
Sheets("Sheet1").Name = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

=MID(CELL("filename";A1);FIND("]";CELL("filename";A1))+1;35)

The workbook must be saved, i.e. the formula doesn't work in freschly
created worlbook, until it is saved.
To refer to another sheet, replace A1 in formula with SheetName!A1.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"Sheila" (remove underscores) wrote in message
Is there any way I can name a sheet from a worksheet cell??

TIA

Sheila

Sheila

Ummm, and where do i put this?

(i know, pain in the neck to be blonde)

Sheila

On Mon, 16 May 2005 08:19:45 +0300, "Arvi Laanemets"
wrote:

Hi

=MID(CELL("filename";A1);FIND("]";CELL("filename";A1))+1;35)

The workbook must be saved, i.e. the formula doesn't work in freschly
created worlbook, until it is saved.
To refer to another sheet, replace A1 in formula with SheetName!A1.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Into cell where you want the sheet name to be displayed.

P.S. probably you have to replace semicolons in formula with commas!

--

wrote:

Hi

=MID(CELL("filename";A1);FIND("]";CELL("filename";A1))+1;35)

The workbook must be saved, i.e. the formula doesn't work in freschly
created worlbook, until it is saved.
To refer to another sheet, replace A1 in formula with SheetName!A1.

Max

Perhaps you'd also like to try this recent post by Jason Morin ..
---------
Assuming your target cell for the sheet name is B1, right-click on the
worksheet tab, select View Code, and paste in the following:

If Not Intersect(Me.[B1], Target) Is Nothing Then
On Error GoTo InvalidName
Me.Name = Target.Value
Exit Sub
End If
InvalidName:
MsgBox "Invalid sheet name."
End Sub

---
Press ALT+Q to close the VBE.
---
Back in Excel, test it out by inputting the desired sheetname, say: Sheila
into cell B1. When you press ENTER, the sheetname will change to: Sheila

Here's a sample file with the implemented code :
http://flypicture.com/p.cfm?id=48813
(Right-click on the link: "Download File" at the top in the page, just above
the ads)
File: Sheila_wksht.xls

--
Rgds
Max

Max

Think the OP wanted it the other way round, Arvi ! <g
i.e. name the sheet from an input into a certain cell ..
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Sheila

Sorry, I must not have explained myself well. I want to be able to
name the worksheet from the contents of a particular cell on that
worksheet, not p-ut the worksheet name into a cell.

Sheila

On Mon, 16 May 2005 09:56:01 +0300, "Arvi Laanemets"
wrote:

Hi

Into cell where you want the sheet name to be displayed.

P.S. probably you have to replace semicolons in formula with commas!

Sheila

PERFECT Max, thank you so much.

Sheila