Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel: How to set up a formula for a range of numbers ie. 3.5-5..

in a spreadsheet i have a range of numbers that needed to be counted ie.
phos levels between 3.5-5.5 I can't find a formula to support this. Can you
help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"LadyK974" wrote:
in a spreadsheet i have a range of numbers that needed
to be counted ie. phos levels between 3.5-5.5 I can't
find a formula to support this.

You're a little light on details. A concrete example might help to ensure a
clear understanding of your needs.

If you have "phos levels" in the range A1:A100 and you want to determine how
many are between 3.5 and 5.5 inclusive, then:

=sumproduct((3.5<=A1:A100)*(A1:A100<=5.5))

Note: This assumes that A1:A100 contains numbers, not text.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=countif(range,"=3.5")-countif(range,"5.5")

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"LadyK974" wrote in message
in a spreadsheet i have a range of numbers that needed to be counted ie.
phos levels between 3.5-5.5 I can't find a formula to support this. Can
you
help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 27, 5:09*am, LadyK974
wrote:
in a spreadsheet i have a range of numbers that needed to be counted ie. *
phos levels between 3.5-5.5 *I can't find a formula to support this. Can you
help

Maybe have a look at the frequency formula.

It takes the range of values you have then a range of bins (interval
values, 2.5,3,3.5,4,4.5, etc) and returns the number of values that
fall within each bin

Regards

David