Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting

Hi

I have a spreadsheet with numerous addresses in col. A 1-999

15 Smith Street Jonestown
21 George Street Blacktown etc.

In col B. 1-166 I have the name of all the suburbs in our region

How can is sort col. A by suburb using the name of the suburbs in Col.B. ?

Any help much appreciated

Regards
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

select all of the cells involved in both columns (and any more with related
data), then use Data Sort and sort on Column B. To put the street addresses
in some kind of order within the suburb, choose Column A as the second sort
parameter.

.