Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Store formulas in Vlookups? (another try ;)

Is there a way to store formulas as text in a Vlookup table and then retrieve and activate them? For example, below I do a lookup on "Dog" (A1), return the text C1&D1 from the table and slap an equal sign onto the front of it. This does not magically activate the text into a formula, unfortunately.

main spreadsheet
A B
Dog ="="&Vlookup(A1,lookup_table,2)

lookup_table
A B
Dog C1&D1
Log D1
Bog Q1

The result of this Vlookup is the text value =C1&D1, rather than the actual concatenated values of cells C1 and D1.

Thanks!
patrick

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...heet.functions