Raph_baril

Default How do I use multiple "Does not contain" function in excel?

When using the autofilter you can use the custome filter and use the "does
not contain" criteria. However, I have multiple data I wish to not include
so I use the advance filter but I don't know how.
bj

if you set up a dummy column next to the one of interest, you can use if
stements to set up a yes or know criteria for what you want to include and
filter on thatr column with auto filter

for the advanced filter, My best suggestion is to read the help on it or
other books on it and play with it some. It is not really a response level
description on how to use it.

One of the other responders may have some good website recommendations?

"Raph_baril" wrote:

When using the autofilter you can use the custome filter and use the "does
not contain" criteria. However, I have multiple data I wish to not include
so I use the advance filter but I don't know how.

Jason Morin

You could use this for your criteria for an adv. filter:

=ISERROR(SEARCH("apple",A2))*ISERROR(SEARCH("orang e",A2))

where you want to exclude anything in col. A containing "orange" and "apple."

To learn more, see:

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

"Raph_baril" wrote:

When using the autofilter you can use the custome filter and use the "does
not contain" criteria. However, I have multiple data I wish to not include
so I use the advance filter but I don't know how.

Ron de Bruin

My add-in EasyFilter have 5 options if you filter on one column
Maybe OK for you

http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin