Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I sum cells that have values from a text formula?

How do I sum cells that have values from a text formula?

I have a row of this formula: =TEXT(D6-D5,"h")

The only difference in the cells of the row are the referring cells.

When I sum them up, and just get a 0. So I figure I have to use a formula
that counts the resulting values of other formulas, but I cannot find it in
the help system.

=SUM(B7:H7) <---- results in a 0 no matter what the values of the cells
are.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Let's say the formula to sum are in a1 & B1, try this

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:B1+0)

Extend the range A1:B1 as required
--
Mike

question.

"DigESource" wrote:

How do I sum cells that have values from a text formula?

I have a row of this formula: =TEXT(D6-D5,"h")

The only difference in the cells of the row are the referring cells.

When I sum them up, and just get a 0. So I figure I have to use a formula
that counts the resulting values of other formulas, but I cannot find it in
the help system.

=SUM(B7:H7) <---- results in a 0 no matter what the values of the cells
are.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"DigESource" wrote in message ...
How do I sum cells that have values from a text formula?

I have a row of this formula: =TEXT(D6-D5,"h")

The only difference in the cells of the row are the referring cells.

When I sum them up, and just get a 0. So I figure I have to use a formula
that counts the resulting values of other formulas, but I cannot find it in
the help system.

=SUM(B7:H7) <---- results in a 0 no matter what the values of the cells
are.

Mike's answer is the best,