Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automatically copy formula in column when adding new row....

Hello all. Sorry if I am posting this question in the wrong category, but
this is my first post here.

I am using Excel 2007, and I am trying to automatically copy a formula
that's in a column when I add a new row. I'll explain a little more in
detail what I am hoping to achieve.

My spreadsheet is intended to show profit and loss for my sales. Columns
A:W all have details specific to the products that I am selling, including
original purchase price, sale price, shipping, fees, etc... In Column X, I
have this formula " =SUM(Q4:W4)*L4 ", and then in Column Y, I have this
formula " =SUM(R4:W4)+(Q4*L4)-(K4*L4) ". Both formulas work with the
information I have in this spreadsheet for what I am wanting them to do, but
I would like to take it a step further.

Each row represents an item that I am selling, and I am selling more
products more frequently (thankfully) so I want to automate the calculations
in columns X & Y. I do know how to copy a formula by using the CTRL + C and
CTRL + V, and the fill function in excel, but I have different colors and
fonts for specific items, and I don't like have to repair that once I copy
the formula.

Is there a way to do what I want? I tried copying the formula starting at
X1 and ending at X1000 just to see how that would do, but when I went to
print my spreadsheet, it was printing 50 pages of ' $ - ' in the columns b/c
there were no figures to calculate the formula.

Any help that I can get would be GREAT! I appreciate all the help.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, unfortunately, I have tried. I read a post
that recommended adding *** to the last row of your document, then just to
insert all rows thereafter before that row....but it didn't work.

BUT I have good news....I figured it out. Simple enough as it turns out.
All I had to do was hold down the CTRL button when I do my first auto fill.
For example, I had rows 3-78 filled with information. My first formula was
in Column X, row 3, so once I verified that formula, I just held down the
CTRL button while doing the auto fill to row 78, and then when I entered
information into row 79.....IT WORKED!

I remembered the CTRL being some type of copy function but I didn't know it
would work with this until I tried it. Thanks again for the help, but this
one has been solved.

THANKS!

"Jasmine R" wrote:

Hello all. Sorry if I am posting this question in the wrong category, but
this is my first post here.

I am using Excel 2007, and I am trying to automatically copy a formula
that's in a column when I add a new row. I'll explain a little more in
detail what I am hoping to achieve.

My spreadsheet is intended to show profit and loss for my sales. Columns
A:W all have details specific to the products that I am selling, including