Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif function to show how often numbers within a range are pres

I use a sheet to track when I receive items, once per day, and I log the time
in 24 HR format using numbers, no formatting. I want to be able to count how
many times in a row (Month) the number is between two numbers to help me
identify if I get the items in morning, afternoon, evening. I think I would
use countif but I don't know how to have it count each time the number in the
cell is between the hours I determine. I think it would look like:

countif(range,<1:1159) or something similar but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am pretty sure you can do a countif
you will need to put quotation marks around what you are looking for
for the above I would use

=COUNTIF(B:B,"11:59")

hope this helps

"joemc911" wrote:

I use a sheet to track when I receive items, once per day, and I log the time
in 24 HR format using numbers, no formatting. I want to be able to count how
many times in a row (Month) the number is between two numbers to help me
identify if I get the items in morning, afternoon, evening. I think I would
use countif but I don't know how to have it count each time the number in the
cell is between the hours I determine. I think it would look like:

countif(range,<1:1159) or something similar but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif function to show how often numbers within a range are

Unfortunately it did not but thanks for trying! I continued to do some
searching for an answer and I found a formula that worked. Now my only
problem is I have to research why it works but for now it does. I just don't
know formulas that well yet and don't understand all the operands and
statements used.

This is the one I found that worked: (Copied from
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...ng_techniques/)

To count the number of cells that contain a value between 1 and 10:

=COUNTIF(data,"=1")-COUNTIF(data,"10")

Once I edited for my data and cell ranges it worked perfectly!

Thanks once again for the effort! I would bet I will be back for more help
as time goes on and I try to learn more.