Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I need to indicate a missing # in a series

I have an inventory list with inventory tag #'s associated with it. I would
like Excel to indicate when a # in the sequence is missing.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It depends on what you define as "missing", and how you want this indicated.
What I do is use a conditional format like:
=a2<a1+1
and choose a highlight color.

Regards,
Fred