-   -   Toolbar question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/260007-toolbar-question.html)

Jennifer H[_2_]

Toolbar question

I lost the ability in the toolbars to see the full function band. I.e
somewhere where I can type in the forumula. Which toolbar or setting allows
this to happen?

Thanks

Bob Phillips[_4_]

Toolbar question

Try

ViewFormula Bar

--

HTH

Bob

"Jennifer H" wrote in message
I lost the ability in the toolbars to see the full function band. I.e
somewhere where I can type in the forumula. Which toolbar or setting
allows
this to happen?

Thanks

Mike H

Toolbar question

Jennifer,

You didn't say which excel version

e2003
Tools|Options - View tab - check 'Show formula bar'

e2007
Office button|Excel options|Advanced|Display group and check 'Show formula
bar'
--
Mike

question.

"Jennifer H" wrote:

I lost the ability in the toolbars to see the full function band. I.e
somewhere where I can type in the forumula. Which toolbar or setting allows
this to happen?

Thanks

Bob Phillips[_4_]

Toolbar question

Actually Mike, View/Formula Bar works in both 2003 and 2007 , one is a menu,
one is a ribbon tab.

--

HTH

Bob

"Jennifer H" wrote:

I lost the ability in the toolbars to see the full function band. I.e
somewhere where I can type in the forumula. Which toolbar or setting
allows
this to happen?

Thanks

Mike H

Toolbar question

Bob,,

One day I'll learn to navigate the E2007 Ribbon, I'm getting there, you just
taught me another!! Thanks.
--
Mike

question.

"Jennifer H" wrote:

I lost the ability in the toolbars to see the full function band. I.e
somewhere where I can type in the forumula. Which toolbar or setting
allows
this to happen?

Thanks

.

Bob Phillips[_4_]

Toolbar question

But Mike, it is intuitive, MS said so!

--

HTH

Bob

"Mike H" wrote in message
Jennifer,

You didn't say which excel version

e2003
Tools|Options - View tab - check 'Show formula bar'

e2007
Office button|Excel options|Advanced|Display group and check 'Show
formula
bar'
--
Mike

When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis
that
introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering
the
question.