Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup problem

I am having a problem with a vlookup fromula returning an #N/A value when
using a cell with another vlookup formula as the lookup_ value. I created
this same spreadsheet a year ago and it worked fine. I even opened the old
one and I can't see any differences at all. I'd appreciate any help anyone
can give.
--
tpocccfo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

We'd be happy to help, but you need to meet us halfway.

What's the formula?
What data is providing the #N/A result?

Regards,
Fred

"tpocccfo" wrote in message
I am having a problem with a vlookup fromula returning an #N/A value when
using a cell with another vlookup formula as the lookup_ value. I created
this same spreadsheet a year ago and it worked fine. I even opened the old
one and I can't see any differences at all. I'd appreciate any help anyone
can give.
--
tpocccfo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, if I understand correctly, what you describe should work and did on my
small test.

So the #N/A says you think the lookup looks the same but it is not.

You say it worked before so perhaps something has corrupted the lookup value
column entries, like some new imported data or someone changed something and
thought they got it back to original data...

Try a =A1=C1 type evaluation on the cells that return the n/a. If False
that is the villian.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"tpocccfo" wrote in message
I am having a problem with a vlookup fromula returning an #N/A value when
using a cell with another vlookup formula as the lookup_ value. I created
this same spreadsheet a year ago and it worked fine. I even opened the old
one and I can't see any differences at all. I'd appreciate any help anyone
can give.
--
tpocccfo

VLOOKUP Problem ckrogers Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 10th 09 11:46 PM
Vlookup Problem POD27 Excel Worksheet Functions 3 October 23rd 07 04:48 PM
VLOOKUP problem Seeking help Excel Worksheet Functions 2 August 9th 06 05:45 AM
Vlookup problem dk New Users to Excel 5 June 6th 06 08:49 PM
vlookup problem shrutikhurana Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 February 9th 06 01:52 PM