Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count with two criteria

I am working in Excel 2003, I am trying to count with two criteria and
multiple sheets.
I am using this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(('Sum 1Q10'!A2:A4="BKD")*('Sum
1Q10'!F2:F4="Open")) my result is 0. It should be 1.

Is there another way to do this? I really need help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Lisak- There are a couple of approaches to do this; I'll give you the one I
use out of habit.

The sumproduct conditions evaluate to true or false. You have to force them
back to a numeric format. Some folks do that with a leading double negative
on each condition. I tend to multiply each condition (the ones that have an
evaluation step, not just raw numbers) by 1.
Also, sumproduct separates conditions with a comma.

Example:
=SUMPRODUCT(('Sum 1Q10'!A2:A4="BKD")*1,('Sum 1Q10'!F2:F4="Open")*1)

Hope that helps,
Keith

"LisaK" wrote:

I am working in Excel 2003, I am trying to count with two criteria and
multiple sheets.
I am using this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(('Sum 1Q10'!A2:A4="BKD")*('Sum
1Q10'!F2:F4="Open")) my result is 0. It should be 1.

Is there another way to do this? I really need help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just check that you do have "BKD" and "Open" in those cells, and that
there are no extra spaces (or non-breaking space characters) in there
- use =LEN(A2) to find out how many characters you have in A2, and
apply this to the other cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete