Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LSG LSG is offline

Default Conditional Format for Blank Cells

I am trying to figure out, if possible, to make certain blank cells in a
row/column to be filled-in (blacked out) if a certain cell contains a
particular text. For example:

Let's say I'm wanting to create a spreadsheet that will help me indicated,
from a list of ingredients in Column A, what ingredients to make for certain
cakes.

If Cell B1 Contains the word 'pound cake', then I wanted a range of cells
in that same column to shade out those ingredients that do not pertain to
making a pound cake.

Is this clear? Is this possible?? Thanks!
--
-Liz