Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Microsoft 2007

What is the formula for a percent change between 2 cells?
Everything I am trying will not work with the 2007 version. I have used the
formula I know in an older version and it worked fine.
Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try dividing. We use the % sign because it is something divided by
something else, like 1/2.

Note that percents are expressed as decimals, so 1/2 = .5 = 50%; be
very careful about multiplying by 100 because 1/2 is not equal to 50 -
using the percent style to display .5 as 50% is the common way to
present this.

On Mar 18, 11:16*am, christie
wrote:
What is the formula for a percent change between 2 cells?
Everything I am trying will not work with the 2007 version. *I have used the
formula I know in an older version and it worked fine. *
Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nothing changed between Excel 2007 and earlier versions with respect to
calculating percentages. It's always been:

1. Calculate the difference, as in: a2-a1
2. Divide by the original, as in: (a2-a1)/a1
3. Format as percentage.

Regards,
Fred

"christie" wrote in message
What is the formula for a percent change between 2 cells?
Everything I am trying will not work with the 2007 version. I have used
the
formula I know in an older version and it worked fine.
Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Multiplying by 100 to calculate a percentage makes it difficult to use the
number in future calculations. You're almost always better off formatting as
a percentage instead.

Regards,
Fred

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote in message