Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lookup second / last match with two conditions

Hello,

I've a table below, I want to setup an formula to get the result as shown at
the bottom. Thanks in advance for your help.

Column B C D
Row 1st criteria 2nd criteria lookup value
3 A X 1
4 B Y 2
5 C Y 3
6 A Y 4
7 B X 5
8 C Y 6
9 D X 7
10 A Y 8
11 B Y 9
12 C X 10

query 1 query 2
criteria 1 A C
criteria 2 Y Y
nth of match 2 last
Result 8 9

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please clarify:

Why do you want 9 for query 2 rather than 6??
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001