Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Degrees Minutes Decimal Minutes to Decimal Degrees.

Hi All,

I have got a worksheet with cells like:

E174 36.992

I need to get that into decimal degrees like

E174.61653

Is there a way to do this with a forumla? I start with find, left,
right functions, but I ended up parenthesis hell.

Cheers

-Al
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Al" wrote:
I have got a worksheet with cells like:
E174 36.992
I need to get that into decimal degrees like
E174.61653

One way:

=LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) &
TEXT(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1))/60,".00000")

I need to get that into decimal degrees like

E174.61653

Is there a way to do this with a forumla? I start with find, left,
right functions, but I ended up parenthesis hell.

Cheers

-Al

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 01:05:18 -0700 (PDT), Al wrote:

Hi All,

I have got a worksheet with cells like:

E174 36.992

I need to get that into decimal degrees like

E174.61653

Is there a way to do this with a forumla? I start with find, left,
right functions, but I ended up parenthesis hell.

Cheers

-Al

=MID(A1,2,FIND(" ",A1)-2)+MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,99)/60

--ron