Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Yearly sum

Any help?
I have a column that I want the monthly sum and then the yearly sum,
any way to make it easier?
A B
1 Jan
7 Feb 50
8 1 70
9 90
12
13 December
17 Year 1170 (=b6+b11+b16)

Thanks in advance
Jam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why not keep data like this
----- JAN FEB MAR APR
1 100 70 etc
2 150 90 etc
3 etc
..
..
SUM =SUM(B2:B31) =SUM(C2:C31) .....
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jam" wrote in message

Any help?
I have a column that I want the monthly sum and then the yearly sum,
any way to make it easier?
A B
1 Jan
7 Feb 50
8 1 70
9 90
12
13 December
17 Year 1170 (=b6+b11+b16)

Thanks in advance
Jam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Bernard, but I am forced to do it in column since I have many
years in one sheet
Regards
Jamal

Bernard Liengme wrote:
Why not keep data like this
----- JAN FEB MAR APR
1 100 70 etc
2 150 90 etc
3 etc
.
.
SUM =SUM(B2:B31) =SUM(C2:C31) .....
best wishes
--

"jam" wrote in message

Any help?
I have a column that I want the monthly sum and then the yearly sum,
any way to make it easier?
A B
1 Jan
7 Feb 50
8 1 70
9 90
12
13 December
17 Year 1170 (=b6+b11+b16)

Thanks in advance
Jam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First, I would suggest you read this:
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...ing_your_data/
for a better way to input data. Then you could do all your data analyzing
with PivotTable and/or simple formulas.

If not, Take a look at the SUBTOTAL function. It can work similar to SUM,
but it ignores any other SUBTOTAL.

or

=SUMIF(A:A,"<SUM",C:C)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"jam" wrote in message
Thanks Bernard, but I am forced to do it in column since I have many
years in one sheet
Regards
Jamal

Bernard Liengme wrote: