Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Links do not recognize .xlsm extension

Good morning,

I have a worksheet that has links to a file called JAN.xls

If someone saves the Jan file as a 2007 excel file which places the
extension .xlsm instead of .xls, my links don't work.

Is there some way to change the formula so that it works with all excel
extensions?

eg. doesn't matter if the JAN.xls file is saved as .xls .xlsm and so on?

Thank you in advance.

-Bad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hey Bad,

I am assuming you get a #REF error. You can put in an if formula:

=if(iserror([Jan.xls]Sheet1!A1),[Jan.xlsm]Sheet1!A1,[Jan.xls]Sheet1!A1)

Rename Sheet1 to your sheet name. Drag it everywhere.

Squeaky