Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to MATCH value up a column

I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eva Eva is offline

Hi
I don't know what you are looking for, but see:
MATCH(A2,A1:F1,0)
or
VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE)
--
Please click "yes" if this post helped you!

Greatly appreciated

Eva

I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thankx for the reply. Here is my
formula:=IF(A11A10,C10,(IF(A11=A10,A10,"?"))).
I need to have IF(A11<A10, search up column A for 1st match, example A4,
display next column B4.

Clear as mud? :)

-JS