Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Bob is offline

Default COUNTIF

Column E2:E61 contains only numbers between -1 and 3. In E62, I want a
formula that will tell me the number of times both 0 and 2 appear in the
column.

Example
Column E
Row 2 0
Row 3 -1
Row 4 3
Row 5 -1
Row 6 2
Row 7 0
Row 8 1
etc.

In this example, the formula would return a value of 3 because 0 and 2
appear a total of 3 times.

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way...

=COUNTIF(E2:E61,0)+COUNTIF(E2:E61,2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"bob" wrote in message
Column E2:E61 contains only numbers between -1 and 3. In E62, I want a
formula that will tell me the number of times both 0 and 2 appear in the
column.

Example
Column E
Row 2 0
Row 3 -1
Row 4 3
Row 5 -1
Row 6 2
Row 7 0
Row 8 1
etc.

In this example, the formula would return a value of 3 because 0 and 2
appear a total of 3 times.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions