Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Summarizing multiple worksheet data

I have a workbook, which so far has three sheets. Sheets 2 and 3 are to be
used to track employee hours worked and what their pay is. One sheet per
employee. The columns from left to right indicate the date, start time, stop
time, time taken for lunch, hours worked for that day, and pay for that day
based on a constant rate of pay. I've divided up the year into weeks, with
the year beginning January 1 and ending December 31, each week begins with
Sunday and ends with Saturday with the exception being the first day of the
year and the last day of the year. At the bottom of each week, for the hours
worked column and the pay column, are cells summing up the totals in each
category for the week. I want the first sheet to be a summary sheet showing
for each employee, the hours worked per month and the pay earned per month.
The months will track Jan thru Dec across the sheet with a column for hours
and pay under each month. The employees will be listed in column A one above
the other. How do I do this? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bruce,
Any data can be imported from one w/s to another with a simple command in
the cell you want the data to appear.
If you have John and Dave. Rename w/s 2 & 3 accordingly. If you have data
in cell D3 re salary that needs to be in Summary do the following
In w/s 1 which could be renamed Summary in the cell where the data is to
appear input
=John!$d$3
=Dave!$d$3
etc
While I writing you may be interested in this to monitor staff vacations -it
could even be incorporated in your work.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...076101033.aspx

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.