Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If formula current/expired/blank

I'm using this formula to return a 'current' or 'expired' value depending on
the date in column B (expiry after one year). Because I want to autofill
rows that don't yet have data, I require some extra criteria so that no value
is returned if B is still blank. Comprehend??

=IF((TODAY()-B4365), "EXPIRED", "CURRENT")

It may be a bit clumsy, so comments on this base formula would also be
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm using this formula to return a 'current' or 'expired' value depending on
the date in column B (expiry after one year). *Because I want to autofill
rows that don't yet have data, I require some extra criteria so that no value
is returned if B is still blank. *Comprehend??

=IF((TODAY()-B4365), "EXPIRED", "CURRENT")

Maybe something like this would help:
=IF(B4="","",IF((TODAY()-B4365), "EXPIRED", "CURRENT"))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Warren,

Try the following.

=IF(B4="","",IF((TODAY()-B4365), "EXPIRED", "CURRENT"))

OssieMac

"Warren Jo" wrote:

I'm using this formula to return a 'current' or 'expired' value depending on
the date in column B (expiry after one year). Because I want to autofill
rows that don't yet have data, I require some extra criteria so that no value
is returned if B is still blank. Comprehend??

=IF((TODAY()-B4365), "EXPIRED", "CURRENT")

It may be a bit clumsy, so comments on this base formula would also be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 2/28/2010 6:14 PM, Warren Jo wrote:
I'm using this formula to return a 'current' or 'expired' value depending on
the date in column B (expiry after one year). Because I want to autofill
rows that don't yet have data, I require some extra criteria so that no value
is returned if B is still blank. Comprehend??

=IF((TODAY()-B4365), "EXPIRED", "CURRENT")

It may be a bit clumsy, so comments on this base formula would also be
appreciated.

Hi. Another option:

=IF(ISBLANK(B4),"",IF(EDATE(B4,12) TODAY(),"Expired","Current"))

HTH :)
Dana DeLouis