Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default date formating, creating unique calender

I need a formula that will allow me to cycle thru 10 days and back again.

There are 10 levels, starting with level 1.
every day that passes, the level goes up by 1, not to go over 10. So every
10 days, the cycle starts over agan.

So, if something is at a level 4, and 5 days pass, the level is 9. IF its at
a level 4 and 12 days pass, its a level 6.... get it....

HOW DO I DO THIS!!??

I have been working and search for the answer alllll day... please someone
help??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:13:02 -0800, Squeeker
wrote:

I need a formula that will allow me to cycle thru 10 days and back again.

There are 10 levels, starting with level 1.
every day that passes, the level goes up by 1, not to go over 10. So every
10 days, the cycle starts over agan.

So, if something is at a level 4, and 5 days pass, the level is 9. IF its at
a level 4 and 12 days pass, its a level 6.... get it....

HOW DO I DO THIS!!??

I have been working and search for the answer alllll day... please someone
help??

If your level is in cell A1 and the number of days are in cell B1,
then try the following formula:

=MOD(A1+B1-1,10)+1

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Let's say the startdate is 1 Mar 2010
You could place this in any startcell, say in B2:
=MOD(ROWS($1:1)-1,10)+DATE(2010,3,1)
Format B2 as date to taste, then copy it down as far as required for the
desired results

If you want to increment copying it ACROSS, use this in the startcell:
=MOD(COLUMNS($A:A)-1,10)+DATE(2010,3,1)
Success? hit YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Squeeker" wrote:
I need a formula that will allow me to cycle thru 10 days and back again.

There are 10 levels, starting with level 1.
every day that passes, the level goes up by 1, not to go over 10. So every
10 days, the cycle starts over agan.

So, if something is at a level 4, and 5 days pass, the level is 9. IF its at
a level 4 and 12 days pass, its a level 6.... get it....

HOW DO I DO THIS!!??

I have been working and search for the answer alllll day... please someone
help??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

YOU GUY ROCK!!

Works PERFECTLY!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

squeeker

wrote:

I need a formula that will allow me to cycle thru 10 days and back again.

There are 10 levels, starting with level 1.
every day that passes, the level goes up by 1, not to go over 10. So every
10 days, the cycle starts over agan.

So, if something is at a level 4, and 5 days pass, the level is 9. IF its at
a level 4 and 12 days pass, its a level 6.... get it....

HOW DO I DO THIS!!??

I have been working and search for the answer alllll day... please someone
help??

If your level is in cell A1 and the number of days are in cell B1,
then try the following formula:

=MOD(A1+B1-1,10)+1

Hope this helps / Lars-Ã…ke
.