Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Sheet tab names

I am making a program in excel for some time cards then workbook starts with
sheet one to change the date next sheet has the list of names with all the
info that needs to be put on the timesheet that lists all the names in
alphabetical order and the sheet that follow are the timecards i can get it
to put all the info itto the sheet but what i need to do is get the sheet
name tab to change to what the name from the list is so the tab names changes
as the list changes can someone help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your question is not understandable. Before you post again, ask a friend to
review it for clarity. Once you ask a clear question on this board, you will
get accurate solutions very quickly.

Regards,
Fred

"Carl" wrote in message
I am making a program in excel for some time cards then workbook starts
with
sheet one to change the date next sheet has the list of names with all the
info that needs to be put on the timesheet that lists all the names in
alphabetical order and the sheet that follow are the timecards i can get
it
to put all the info itto the sheet but what i need to do is get the sheet
name tab to change to what the name from the list is so the tab names
changes
as the list changes can someone help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

All gang boy retard mentalities need to be ignored until the stupid
twits wake up to reality. Instead of letting these idiots manipulate our
reality, we need to FORCE them to wake the hell up, and live in OUR civil
reality.

So, yeah, even non-gang boy idiots that nonetheless embrace the gang boy
mentality world, should ALSO be ignored until they wise the hell up!

I am surprised the that word "I" got capitalized. And no, he does not
even know what the word "proofread" means because he has never done such
a thing before he posts his utter crap.

Oh boy.... he said please.

So I ask...

Please refrain from the NOT "modern" gang boy lingo. ACT like a
professional, and you will get treated like one.

Let me guess... BOTH tattoos AND body piercings?

This entire planet has become pathetic. No wonder Jesus is coming back
to judge us all. Everyone wants to ride the damned fence. It doesn't
work.

"Carl" wrote:

I am making a program in excel for some time cards then workbook starts with
sheet one to change the date next sheet has the list of names with all the
info that needs to be put on the timesheet that lists all the names in
alphabetical order and the sheet that follow are the timecards i can get it
to put all the info itto the sheet but what i need to do is get the sheet
name tab to change to what the name from the list is so the tab names changes
as the list changes can someone help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't consider "gang boy retard mentalities" and "stupid twits" to be
"civil reality".

You need to follow your own advice.

Regards,
Fred

"Carl" wrote:

I am making a program in excel for some time cards then workbook starts
with
sheet one to change the date next sheet has the list of names with all
the
info that needs to be put on the timesheet that lists all the names in
alphabetical order and the sheet that follow are the timecards i can get
it
to put all the info itto the sheet but what i need to do is get the
sheet
name tab to change to what the name from the list is so the tab names
changes
as the list changes can someone help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sun, 28 Feb 2010 05:11:01 -0800 from Carl
:

I am making a program in excel for some time cards then workbook starts with
sheet one to change the date next sheet has the list of names with all the
info that needs to be put on the timesheet that lists all the names in
alphabetical order and the sheet that follow are the timecards i can get it
to put all the info itto the sheet but what i need to do is get the sheet
name tab to change to what the name from the list is so the tab names changes
as the list changes can someone help please.

I fell asleep several lines into that sentence. Also, your Shift
keys seem to be broken.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First, I find this kind of stuff very dangerous. Too many things can contribute
to break the process. For instance, if you move a sheet, then it may get
renamed incorrectly.

But if you want, you could run a routine like this.

It assumes that the first sheet (leftmost) shouldn't be touched.
The second sheet (2nd from the left) contains the names in a1:Axx
And the 3rd (and the rest) should be named in that order.

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim myRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range
Dim wCtr As Long
Dim HowManyNames As Long

With Sheets(2) 'second position!
Set myRng = .Range("a1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
End With

HowManyNames = myRng.Cells.Count

If HowManyNames < ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count - 2 Then
MsgBox "the number of names doesn't match the number of sheets!"
Exit Sub
End If

wCtr = 3 'since we want to start with the 3rd sheet
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
On Error Resume Next
Sheets(wCtr).Name = myCell.Value
If Err.Number < 0 Then
Err.Clear
MsgBox "Error renaming the sheets"
Exit Sub
End If
On Error GoTo 0
wCtr = wCtr + 1
Next myCell

End Sub

You'll type in the names and then run the macro. If the list changes, you'll
have to rerun the macro.

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Carl wrote:

I am making a program in excel for some time cards then workbook starts with
sheet one to change the date next sheet has the list of names with all the
info that needs to be put on the timesheet that lists all the names in
alphabetical order and the sheet that follow are the timecards i can get it
to put all the info itto the sheet but what i need to do is get the sheet
name tab to change to what the name from the list is so the tab names changes
as the list changes can someone help please.

Thanks, Dave, for trying to answer the guy's questions and giving him
some links to macro creation.

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Carl wrote:

I am making a program in excel for some time cards then workbook starts with
sheet one to change the date next sheet has the list of names with all the
info that needs to be put on the timesheet that lists all the names in
alphabetical order and the sheet that follow are the timecards i can get it
to put all the info itto the sheet but what i need to do is get the sheet
name tab to change to what the name from the list is so the tab names changes
as the list changes can someone help please.

Thanks, Dave, for trying to answer the guy's questions and giving him
some links to macro creation.

Bill

You forgot to leave out the punctuation, punk. He won't be able to
read that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pathetic trivialization of those we should ignore completely until they
shape up.

You know... "shipped out" Until conformity occurs.

YOU are part of the problem with your pathetic tolerance.

Note that the OP hasn't replied back to anyone. Looks like the taser
shot might have worked.

Goddamned texting tools on phones exacerbate this retarded NON-English
El Stupido Retardo mentality. Slacker society will fail miserably.

Thanks for contributing to the stupidity, or tolerance thereof. NOT!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 2/28/2010 6:46 PM, Son of a Sea Cook wrote:
Pathetic trivialization of those we should ignore completely until they
shape up.

You know... "shipped out" Until conformity occurs.

YOU are part of the problem with your pathetic tolerance.

Note that the OP hasn't replied back to anyone. Looks like the taser
shot might have worked.

Goddamned texting tools on phones exacerbate this retarded NON-English
El Stupido Retardo mentality. Slacker society will fail miserably.

Thanks for contributing to the stupidity, or tolerance thereof. NOT!

Type A personality gone wild!

Bill