Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copying Conditional Formating to another worksheet

I am using conditional formating to designate a player in a league and their
opponent. Since there are several leagues, I wanted to be able to copy the
conditional formating from one sheet to another.
When I copy the worksheet, I go to the new sheet, right click on the upper
left worksheet button, selecting the entire sheet, select paste special, then
select All. Everything works perfectly, accept the conditional formats.
It appears to add more conditional formats from the copy / paste procedure.
I have selected the new worksheet, selected conditional formating, then
cleared existing conditional formats for the entire sheet.
Done this many times?
Is this a known problem with MS Excel, or am I doing something incorrectly?