Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell formula that will give back the address of the cursor?

There HAS to be a formula so that I need NOT go thru VBA to obtain the
current position of the cell pointer! Has to be! This CAN'T be new? Is
there anyway to access the 'Name Box"?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't think you can do this without a selection change event macro.

Simply selecting a cell does not trigger a calculation so a formula wouldn't
update.

This formula will return the active cell address but it will only update
when some event triggers a calculation.

=CELL("address")

Probably not what you had in mind!

--