Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default X Factor into Percent...

So I have an entry field where I am putting a number, usually between 1 and
4, by tenths, and dividing a set amount of data storage in MB by that number,
to reflect the amount of actual data stored. This x Factor is a "Compression
and Deduplication" number.

For example, if I have an X Factor for Comp/Dedupe of 2, that means my
1000MB of actual data takes up 500MB of space, hence 50% of the room.

What I want to do is figure out, based on X Factor, what my percentage is.
How much storage savings.

Any suggestions?

Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Isn't it just:

=1 / X_factor

expressed/formatted as a percentage?

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 24, 1:10*am, Joseph Hand
wrote:
So I have an entry field where I am putting a number, usually between 1 and
4, by tenths, and dividing a set amount of data storage in MB by that number,
to reflect the amount of actual data stored. This x Factor is a "Compression
and Deduplication" number.

For example, if I have an X Factor for Comp/Dedupe of 2, that means my
1000MB of actual data takes up 500MB of space, hence 50% of the room.

What I want to do is figure out, based on X Factor, what my percentage is..
How much storage savings.

Any suggestions?

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, Joe - thanks for feeding back.

Pete