kudu

Default Calculated formula using 'COUNTIF' ??

Hello MVP's, Geeks, Newbies!!
I am an absolute 'DoDo' when it comes to Formulas, please help with the
following request: I have a spreadsheet with employees times (and 'OFF', 'H'
etc), see the example below of a typical Monday. Each shift is an 11 Hour
WORKING shift.
I would like to 'COUNT' all fields in each column that has a 'working time'
and then MULTIPLY the 'count' by 11. What would be the easiest formula to
use??

Mon
OFF
7-19
7-19
6-18
7-19
7-19
OFF
19-7
9-21
OFF

THANKS for your answers, best regards.

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(--LEFT(A2:A14,1))))*11

Biff

"kudu" wrote in message
[...]

Ron Coderre

Using your data in the range A1:A14, this formula worked for me:

=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$14,"=*-*")*11

Ron

kudu

Hi Ron,

THANKS very much to BOTH you AND Biff.
Both your solutions work just great.
AND the response is so quick ....

This second time I used the Office Discussion Groups and I am absolutely
amazed by the quick replies and WORKING solutions that are supplied.

Thanks again to both of you and Microsoft.
Regards, Mike Finberg

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Using your data in the range A1:A14, this formula worked for me:

=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$14,"=*-*")*11

Ron

kudu

Hello Biff,

Thank you for your help. Both you and Ron gave good working solutions.

Cheers and be well. Mike Finberg