Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula Help-Excel 2007

This is directions for assignment-
In cell A10 type =b8 to enter formula that references cell B8. Select range
A10:A21 and then create Data table with a row input cell that references cell
B7 and a column input cell that references B5.

I can put in the =b8 but then am usure what the next step is. I have a
picture of the finished product, but just don't know how to get there. Thanks
for any help you can give.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, you must know how to, "select range A10:A21" right?

- that is straightforward enough.

So the next thing that you have to do is to create the Data Table.

This is done by:-

Data / Data Tools group / What-If Analysis / Data Table

You then have two fields to complete:-

Row input cell:

Column input cell:

Once you have input those 2 values you hit OK.

Your Data Table should then fill with information.

Check that you understand the results.

Check some of them and make sure that you would arrive at the same result if
you calculated it manually.

If you can't agree the figures you might have input the wrong cells at:-

Row input cell:

Column input cell:

- above. Maybe try the values round the other way and see if that helps.

Hope I have got you on the right road.

Check out EXCEL Help topics on Data Tables. See if they have provided any
simple worked examples (they often have). You can then apply these to your
own situation.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"formulaconfusion" wrote:

This is directions for assignment-
In cell A10 type =b8 to enter formula that references cell B8. Select range
A10:A21 and then create Data table with a row input cell that references cell
B7 and a column input cell that references B5.

I can put in the =b8 but then am usure what the next step is. I have a
picture of the finished product, but just don't know how to get there. Thanks
for any help you can give.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:10:01 -0800 from formulaconfusion
:

This is directions for assignment-
In cell A10 type =b8 to enter formula that references cell B8. Select range
A10:A21 and then create Data table with a row input cell that references cell
B7 and a column input cell that references B5.

I can put in the =b8 but then am usure what the next step is. I have a
picture of the finished product, but just don't know how to get there. Thanks
for any help you can give.

If you're unsure what the professor wants in a homework assignment,
it's generally best to ask the professor. (I speak as a part-time
instructor at a college.)

We may have our own ideas of what the professor wants you to do, but
our ideas could well be wrong.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...