Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Formula

I need a formula in cell C1 that when A1A5 it appears the text in
cell A2 and when A1<A5 it appears the text in cell A4.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put this in C1:

=IF(A1=A5,"not defined",IF(A1A5,A2,A4))

You didn't say what you want to happen if A1=A5.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 19, 2:22*pm, MAX wrote:
*I need a formula in cell C1 that when A1A5 it appears the text in
cell A2 and when A1<A5 it appears the text in cell A4.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
what happens in A2 if A1<A5??, I assume you want blank

in A2 enter
=if(A1A5,"Your text","")

in A4 enter

=if(A1<A5,"Your text","")

if this helps please click yes thanks

"MAX" wrote:

I need a formula in cell C1 that when A1A5 it appears the text in
cell A2 and when A1<A5 it appears the text in cell A4.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

In A2 I have the name Joe and in A4 I have the name Tony, so when A1A5 I
want Joe in C1 and when A1<A5 I want Tony in C1.

Thanks.

"MAX" wrote:

I need a formula in cell C1 that when A1A5 it appears the text in
cell A2 and when A1<A5 it appears the text in cell A4.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could just have:

=IF(A1A5,A2,A4)