Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula HELP!!! :)

I am trying to get the word "Successful" in a cell (B32) if another cell(B31)
results/number fall between two percentages of less than 95% and more than
92%.

I want B32 to show the word "Successful" if B31 results in a score between
92% and 94%. I guess the 94% must consider 94.9999999

Need ASAP. Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the first paragraph you say the range is 92 - 95%. In the second
paragraph you say the range is 92 - 94%.

Here's my best guess at what you want...

The range is greater than or equal to 92% but less than 95%.

=IF(AND(B31=92%,B31<95%),"Successful","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"rubenwm" wrote in message
I am trying to get the word "Successful" in a cell (B32) if another
cell(B31)
results/number fall between two percentages of less than 95% and more than
92%.

I want B32 to show the word "Successful" if B31 results in a score between
92% and 94%. I guess the 94% must consider 94.9999999

Need ASAP. Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(AND(b3192,b31<95),"Successful","")
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

"rubenwm" wrote:

I am trying to get the word "Successful" in a cell (B32) if another cell(B31)
results/number fall between two percentages of less than 95% and more than
92%.

I want B32 to show the word "Successful" if B31 results in a score between
92% and 94%. I guess the 94% must consider 94.9999999

Need ASAP. Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Forgot to say

Please try not to use upper case and exclamation marks when posting
questions. I know you are probably trying to demonstrate your frustration
and you did give a smiley but your problem will more than likely be ignored
when appearing like this.

There are many people viewing these postings and they will be looked at and
replied to as and when a solution can be found. Most of these people are
much more able than me but I am using this forum to educate myself by reading
solutions of others and trying to find my own wherever possible. The problem
for me is that the others are much faster than me!

I don't mean to lecture, sorry. Anyway, it makes the list look UNTIDY!!!! :)

Cheers

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

"rubenwm" wrote:

I am trying to get the word "Successful" in a cell (B32) if another cell(B31)
results/number fall between two percentages of less than 95% and more than
92%.

I want B32 to show the word "Successful" if B31 results in a score between
92% and 94%. I guess the 94% must consider 94.9999999

Need ASAP. Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Rusell,
First, thanks for helping me with the formula.
Second, I agree with you. Sorry. Didn't mean anything by using caps.
Thanks again.

Ruben

"rubenwm" wrote:

I am trying to get the word "Successful" in a cell (B32) if another cell(B31)
results/number fall between two percentages of less than 95% and more than
92%.

I want B32 to show the word "Successful" if B31 results in a score between
92% and 94%. I guess the 94% must consider 94.9999999

Need ASAP. Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome!

--