Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default 'Reverse' Concatenate

By which I mean removing part of a string.

Basically I want do something like

If Column A Contains String X then Remove Character A from end of Column B
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

These solutions typically involve some combination of Mid and Find
functions. If you need more help, post representative examples of what you
want done.

Regards,
Fred

"msnyc07" wrote in message
By which I mean removing part of a string.

Basically I want do something like

If Column A Contains String X then Remove Character A from end of Column B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eva Eva is offline

you need to show example, but what you need is the following formulas
mid
search
left or
right
Click yes if helped
--
Greatly appreciated
Eva

"msnyc07" wrote:

By which I mean removing part of a string.

Basically I want do something like

If Column A Contains String X then Remove Character A from end of Column B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
a bit vague. from your statement "form the end of column B", this pop in my
mind
=if(A2 = "String x", left(B2,Len(B2)-1),"")
this would remove the last character from column B.

but could you supply and example of string x and data in column B.

Regards
FSt1

"msnyc07" wrote:

By which I mean removing part of a string.

Basically I want do something like

If Column A Contains String X then Remove Character A from end of Column B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks this is what I ended up with after some research online as well,
needed to check for two different conditions in two different columns;

=IF(RIGHT(R5848,1)="I",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(",
Inc",O5848)),LEFT(R5848,LEN(R5848)-1),R5848), R5848)

"msnyc07" wrote:

By which I mean removing part of a string.

Basically I want do something like

If Column A Contains String X then Remove Character A from end of Column B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
thanks for the feedback. a bit more complicated that i had originally
thought but if it works, then that the right way. if it don't work, that's
the wrong way.

Regards
FSt1