Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I multiply ALL CELL in spreadsheet at once by .5 ?

I am trying to multiply all the cells in my spreadsheet by .5 . each cell has
a differant value but need to multiply by .5 to update. Can I do the whole
sheet, or row, or column at once without having to do each cell
individually??? Please help... would take time off my busy schedule.
Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have a look in the below link for solution

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip059.htm
http://www.exceladvisor.net/sub/1_copypaste.htm

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"ariel" wrote:

I am trying to multiply all the cells in my spreadsheet by .5 . each cell has
a differant value but need to multiply by .5 to update. Can I do the whole
sheet, or row, or column at once without having to do each cell
individually??? Please help... would take time off my busy schedule.
Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter .5 in an empty cell.
Copy that cell.
Highlight the cells you want to change.
Right-click, choose Paste Special...Multiply
OK out.

Regards
Fred