Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lookup and match

I have 2 worksheets. I have a main list that contains 1260 product codes and
I need to lookup and match product codes from the second list. The main list
contains a rebate price that I would like to show up next to each matching
product code. Sounds simple enough but I've been stuck for 3days. Can anyone
please help? I'm not sure which function to use and which steps to take for
the formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Genietrapped

I can definitely help you. However, there is not enough information in your
e-mail to know what to tell you to solve your prolbme and it would be quicker
for me to do the job than write how to do it.

Is the information confidential ? Are you comfortable sending me the
worksheet by e-mail or even copy a small sample of records to a new workbook
? I can add the formulae in and send it straight back to you.

My e-mail address is - Just put "genietrapped" in the
subject so I know it has come from you.

Regards

David

"genietrapped" wrote:

I have 2 worksheets. I have a main list that contains 1260 product codes and
I need to lookup and match product codes from the second list. The main list
contains a rebate price that I would like to show up next to each matching
product code. Sounds simple enough but I've been stuck for 3days. Can anyone
please help? I'm not sure which function to use and which steps to take for
the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
Vlookup is used for this kind of Lookup, but with no layout, no structure to
work with,
it's hard to know. Have a look at this link, it explains "Vlookup", maybe that
can help you.
HTH
John