Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting Not Working As Intended

I have the following Conditional Formatting rules set up. This is the order
they appear in the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager:

Rule Format Applies to
Cell Value "$H$41" L.Blue =$E$3:$J$3
Cell Value = "$H$41" D.Green =$E$3:$J$3
Cell Value = "$G$41" L.Green =$E$3:$J$3
Cell Value = "$F$41" Yellow =$E$3:$J$3
Cell Value < "$F$41" Red =$E$3:$J$3

Cell Value is set to =$E$41. The problem is the affected cells are Red no
matter what value $E$41 is (i.e. < F41, = F41, = G41, = H41 or H41). The
values of E41, F41, G41 and H41 change with each new entry and the formatting
SHOULD change accordingly. I tried changing the order but that didn't work
either. How do I make these rules apply as intended?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bishop wrote:
I have the following Conditional Formatting rules set up. This is the order
they appear in the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager:

Rule Format Applies to
Cell Value "$H$41" L.Blue =$E$3:$J$3
Cell Value = "$H$41" D.Green =$E$3:$J$3
Cell Value = "$G$41" L.Green =$E$3:$J$3
Cell Value = "$F$41" Yellow =$E$3:$J$3
Cell Value < "$F$41" Red =$E$3:$J$3

Cell Value is set to =$E$41. The problem is the affected cells are Red no
matter what value $E$41 is (i.e. < F41, = F41, = G41, = H41 or H41). The
values of E41, F41, G41 and H41 change with each new entry and the formatting
SHOULD change accordingly. I tried changing the order but that didn't work
either. How do I make these rules apply as intended?

Maybe get rid of the quotes?