Ravvy

Default Series fill of "patchy" Data set or some Programming fix

In a nutshell:
To Automaticaly ascribe (copy) to all cells with no value (within a column)
that value contained in the nearest populated cell above.

In detail:
I have a "full~ish" column of non-contigious data in an excel wooksheet that
I wish to automatically fill the gap cells with the value of the nearest
non-empty cell above and continue doing this to the last row of data or the
end of the file.

Thank you in anticipation

Nick

Try this..

Highlight the cells that contain the data, ensuring that the first cell
contains a value.
select Edit - Goto - Special

Select Blanks.
Click OK

All of the blank cells in your range should now be selected. The first blank
cell should be active (assume this is A4).
in the formula bar type in =A3 and then press Ctrl+Enter

This will copy the value of the cell above in to all the blank cells in your
range.

Hope this helps.

Nick