Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Delete duplicates

Hi, I have a list of numbers that contain lots of duplicates like the
following:

133150
133150
133150
133154
133154
133154
133155
133156
133156
133156
198355
198355
198355

This list lives in column A. Is there a function I can use to get rid of
the duplicates? It's okay if the list is transposed into another column.
Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Angie

Try
DataFilterAdvanced FilterCopy to another locationchoose Copy ToUnique
records only

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Angie M." wrote in message
Hi, I have a list of numbers that contain lots of duplicates like the
following:

133150
133150
133150
133154
133154
133154
133155
133156
133156
133156
198355
198355
198355

This list lives in column A. Is there a function I can use to get rid of
the duplicates? It's okay if the list is transposed into another column.
Thanks for any help.

signature database 4832 (20100203) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4832 (20100203) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DataFilterAdvanced Filter.

Copy to a new location and checkmark "unique records"

Gives you one of each record............duplicates are filtered out.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:54:05 -0800, Angie M.
wrote:

Hi, I have a list of numbers that contain lots of duplicates like the
following:

133150
133150
133150
133154
133154
133154
133155
133156
133156
133156
198355
198355
198355

This list lives in column A. Is there a function I can use to get rid of
the duplicates? It's okay if the list is transposed into another column.
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You may use the Remove duplicates feature of Advanced filters (it is on the
Data Tab)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Angie M." wrote in message
Hi, I have a list of numbers that contain lots of duplicates like the
following:

133150
133150
133150
133154
133154
133154
133155
133156
133156
133156
198355
198355
198355

This list lives in column A. Is there a function I can use to get rid of
the duplicates? It's okay if the list is transposed into another column.
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Sorry fot eh earlier post. There is a Remove duplicates feature in the Data
Tab of Excel 2007

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com